Your practice and patients will benefit from our expertise in manufacturing and quality excellence. Douglas Laboratories is GMP and NSF International registered, ISO certified and ISO accredited for in-house laboratories, approved to produce certified organic products, and NSF Certified for Sport®.
Manufacturing Practices and Certifications
Douglas Laboratories’ uncompromising operational practices at our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities surpass GMP standards and manufacturing regulations.
- cGMPs for nutritional supplements in accordance with 21 CFR Part 111
- Health Canada GMP requirements
- NSF International has registered Douglas Laboratories® as a GMP manufacturing facility
- ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accreditation of in-house laboratories
- VCP (Vendor Certification Program) to ensure raw material quality
- Approved facility to produce NSF Certified for Sport® products
- Member of Council For Responsible Nutrition
- Our NSF-GMP registered manufacturing facility in the U.S. exceeds the standards of the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) for supplement manufacturing.
- The finished product is manufactured and tested in Canada in accordance to NSF International quality standards and USP testing methods.
- In-house laboratories are ISO 17025 accredited and certified, and perform Chemical, Physical, and Microbial testing. Third-party testing is performed by accredited laboratories.
- Raw materials are tested for identity, potency, microbial contaminants, and heavy metals (including mercury, arsenic, cadmium and lead).
- Raw material suppliers undergo rigorous qualification procedures and audits.
- All Douglas Laboratories products are GMO-free. We obtain statements from each of our suppliers certifying that the ingredients do not contain GMOs. For some nutrients, we conduct PCR testing to confirm the absence of genetically modified material.
- All allergens are disclosed on the label in accordance with Health Canada labeling guidelines for the 11 major allergens: eggs, milk, mustard, peanuts, seafood, sesame, soy, sulphites, tree nuts, wheat and gluten. Comprehensive allergen procedures are in place to prevent ingredient cross-contamination during manufacturing and storage.