Your practice and patients will benefit from our expertise in manufacturing and quality excellence. Douglas Laboratories is GMP and NSF International registered under Atrium Innovations, ISO certified and ISO accredited for in-house laboratories, approved to produce certified organic products, and NSF Certified for Sport®.
Manufacturing Practices and Certifications
Douglas Laboratories’ uncompromising operational practices at our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities surpass GMP standards and manufacturing regulations.
- cGMPs for nutritional supplements in accordance with 21 CFR Part 111
- Health Canada GMP requirements
- NSF International has registered Douglas Laboratories® as a GMP manufacturing facility under Atrium Innovations
- ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accreditation of in-house laboratories
- VCP (Vendor Certification Program) to ensure raw material quality
- Registered facility to produce NSF Certified for Sport® products
- Member of Council For Responsible Nutrition
- Our NSF-GMP registered manufacturing facility in the U.S. exceeds the standards of the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) for supplement manufacturing.
- The finished product is manufactured and tested in Canada in accordance to NSF International quality standards and USP testing methods.
- In-house laboratories are ISO 17025 accredited and certified, and perform Chemical, Physical, and Microbial testing. Third-party testing is performed by accredited laboratories.
- Raw materials are tested for identity, potency, microbial contaminants, and heavy metals (including mercury, arsenic, cadmium and lead).
- Raw material suppliers undergo rigorous qualification procedures and audits.
- All Douglas Laboratories products are GMO-free. We obtain statements from each of our suppliers certifying that the ingredients do not contain GMOs. For some nutrients, we conduct PCR testing to confirm the absence of genetically modified material.
- All allergens are disclosed on the label in accordance with Health Canada labeling guidelines for the 11 major allergens: eggs, milk, mustard, peanuts, seafood, sesame, soy, sulphites, tree nuts, wheat and gluten. Comprehensive allergen procedures are in place to prevent ingredient cross-contamination during manufacturing and storage.